One aspect of bamboo flooring that is rarely brought up is Fair Trade. Fair Trade basically means that workers enjoy appropriate labor conditions and wages. There is currently no Fair Trade certification for the bamboo industry, which means it is impossible to know if you are making a socially responsible purchase. This problem is further augmented by the fact that bamboo flooring is manufactured almost exclusively in China, a country with a history of poor labor practices and abuses against human rights.
- Bamboo Flooring in the Real World
- Bamboo Flooring & Fair Trade
- Installing Bamboo Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring Pros and Cons
- Bamboo Flooring is NOT Eco-Friendly
- Is Bamboo Flooring Cost Effective?
- Types of Bamboo Flooring
- Carbonized Bamboo Flooring
- Premature Harvesting Leads to Weak Floors
- Bamboo Flooring Cannot Be Refinished